Saturday, November 26, 2011

missing inaction. . . .


I've been an abominable correspondent. No excuses. I have nothing to point to that has kept me so busy I couldn't write. In short: it's not that I can't write - or couldn't write - the fact of the matter is simply that I haven't written. sigh. Here's were inertia sets in, and months of not writing can weigh you down to another half year of silence, which inevitably leads to a year and more of silence, and then. . . .

Well. Better dust myself off and get going, then!

The summer has come and gone. Yes, I know that the "Current Season" stayed at "the height of the summer" on this page until just today - November 26 - two full days after Thanksgiving. I have firmly resisted the urge to skip straight to winter just in case I don't get back for while. No, I've changed the "Current Season" picture to the one above, for fall: "Greenwood blackbirds". This time of year, they gather together and flock in our woods by the thousands. What a whoosh they make when the take off in concert and wheel about!

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, thoughts of what to make for Christmas occupy my mind. Here's one project I came across that I hope to make for the Greenwood tree inside: Edgar, the Raven, by Stacey Mead, who blogs over at The Goode Wife of Washington County. I LOVE her whimisical designs!

I can just see several of these fellows in our tree this Christmas. . . .

You can order her patterns at this link: Raven's Haven Patterns.

Tell her Queenie from the Greenwood sent you. I think she's incredibly cool.

Meanwhile, it's not quite dawn yet - so time for some more coffee before the day begins. For today, it's back to the herbs for me, and putting together this year's herbes du bois vert. I also have several elephant ear bulbs to dig out of the ground and winterize. . . .

More inaction to keep me from writing! Here's hoping to overcome inertia.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Thank you so much! Edgar is one of my very first designs and always a favorite! If I had my way here, there would be lots of him sitting in a brown tree for the Holidays! Let this be the season for creating! Thank you for mentioning Edgar and I!

Stacey

queenie said...

You're welcome, Stacey! My Edgar pattern arrived last week - for which, thank you - and I hope to get him started perhaps this weekend. . . .