Friday, September 19, 2008

pretty close!

For the first time in three years we have a "land line." Cool phone, eh? The receiver is heavy enough to break your toe if you drop it. It could easily figure as a weapon in the boardgame, "Clue":


"Mr. Mustard did it in the Forest Room with the telephone."

One of my favorite places is the inner courtyard, seen above from the guesthouse. It looks like my brother - just back from Afghanistan - will be our first overnight guest, the first weekend we're in the place. He and his family.

That's a good start. We pack this weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm tellin' ya, we had a vintage phone exactly like that during our last stint in the US. Kept the length of phone calls down as my hand would eventually droop from the weight of it!

Cool courtyard by the way. Oh, and is there a waiting list for the guesthouse? :-)

queenie said...

Ah - the place will be filling up, then! Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Well, if you had agreed with me that an elevator would be a highly desirable appurtenance, I'll bet you would have had a waiting list by now. So.......how do you feel about an escalator????

Anonymous said...

Dis is I - luther - and I vote for d'escaltor, I does. woof. so be it.

pretty please?