Wednesday, December 17, 2008

not your basic black

Anyone who knows me knows that I tend toward the sartorial basic black. The doctoral robe, I thought, would be right up my alley (namely 'basic black'), and a coloured hood is certainly acceptable, sort of like my usual coloured scarf.

You may imagine my surprise to be presented with a very brightly coloured doctoral gown.*

Red and yellow. [gold?] It could stop traffic.The hood is a little scary. . . . Check out the side view!


It looks like I've donned a pair of very bright trousers. Lovely.




But the doctoral hand-off is accomplished and attesting latin certificate borne away in triumph. . . . celebratis plenum ac perfectum Doctoratus In Philosophia. . . .Mission accomplished. After all these years.

Now what? Ah - still making it up as I go along.

___________________________________
*Fellow post-grad "A" calls it the McDonald's Robe. . . . an unfortunate - but apt - description.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow!
Congratulations - shall we call you Dr. Queen?