Thursday, April 16, 2009

the cookie tin

These have got to be Steve's best 'Jumbles' ever. Ever!

I have "the recipe". But it won't help.
1 cup plus 2 Tblsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
8 Tblsp unsalted butter
1 large egg
3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups raisins
3/4 cup pecan halves (toasted then chopped)
1 1/2 cup whole almonds (toasted then chopped)
I have the "Secret" to the recipe. But it won't help, either. Or not much, anyway. (the Secret: soak the raisins in Capt. Morgan's or Myers Rum for several hours - or overnight - drain off and drink the rum from the raisins before mixing the cookie dough).

You see, Steve's Jumbles are always 'one-offs'. They're never the same, twice. And there's no telling what's in there for any given batch! The Christmas ones I tried under his tutelage were a disaster. These, however, are the best EVER.

sigh.

In the refillable tin, which means I have to refill it and return in order to hope for more Jumbles!

I can't face the thought of another Jumbled debacle like Christmas, but luckily my friend Cheryl over at A Simple Yarn has just the thing with which to refill the cookie tin: Sugar Cookies.

Click over there for a second - don't they look good?!

Conveniently, I have a number of oversized cookie cutters that have yet to cut cookies. Here they are, posing in front of the Gaelige sign that says "Greenwood" in Irish: an choill ghlas. Yep, also from our friends over at A Simple Yarn. I'm a huge fan.

No comments: