Friday, April 17, 2009

free flowers

OK, so I was all impressed with the fact that flowers I did not plant were blooming here at the greenwood. I planned to dazzle you with pictures of these lovely, natural wonders.

Then, I saw Ewa's Bloom Day posting, apparently part of a garden bloggers' tradition of posting pictures on the 15th of the month of everything that's blooming.

You won't believe what's blooming in Ewa's garden, in POLAND! [isn't it - like - still COLD there?!!] sheesh.

Oh well. Here are my modest little beauties, the ones NOT planted by human hands. viola odorata

And I believe this is some sort of Anemone. . . .

COMING SOON: new and amazing photos of the mutant martian spear plant. Alas, the king says its days are numbered. . . .

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It's like Mother Nature gave you a gift. It's always lovely to receive flowers unexpectedly!