Friday, May 28, 2010

garden time-lapse

It's so easy to forget what things looked like, once they've changed. Here's a picture from last year, pre-garden. I didn't take many pictures of this area, because it was kind of ugly. No, I mean really ugly. More like this: Nothing would grow there! This, my friends, is what happens when your builder does not use good topsoil when doing the final grade. It's a mess.

You've seen the pictures of our solution. Just to remind you, though, here's the box garden, just built. Then with soil.

Early plantings and walkways.
Filling out.
Really growing into itself, now! There are blossoms on the sugar snap peas (who have grown tall enough to need a second tier of jute support twine) and blossoms and tiny tomatoes on some of the tomato plants! The scarlet runner beans have their first flowers and the red cabbage have quadrupled in size. See? The only bad news is that something is eating the eggplants and I can't remember what I planted - seedwise - in parts of the garden that are now sprouting things. They don't look like weeds, but I have no clue what they are.

This should be exciting!

No comments: