Saturday, May 15, 2010

more on the green beans

When last we talked, I had been told that green bean plants produce only some 12 beans per plant. This was not good news. I can eat 12 beans at one go!

I looked at the landscape and reassessed. I put green bean seeds everywhere I could squeeze some room. Good news, they all came up! We have pole beans, bush beans, and beans of many colour (although they all look pretty much the same right now). Then, I found this site - The Green Bean Backgrounder - which clearly states that green bean plants can produce up to 50 beans per plant.

I may have a few plants too many. . . . Oh well!

Meanwhile, I am concerned about the cabbage. They're beautiful! How will I ever bring myself to eat one of these?!

On the other hand, three aren't going to go very far. I'm going to have to start another crop of them.

No comments: