Tuesday, December 4, 2007

singing concrete

I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but I swear the concrete was humming late this afternoon after all the workers had left and it was just me and the king there.

The wind was blowing and I thought it must be howling through a tunnel somewhere - but there was no tunnel - and it was a steady, hummed tone, hovering around a C, and harmonics on that note. It was beautiful. (I am not making this up).

I googled "singing concrete" when I got home, but didn't find any example of spontaneous concrete-singing. I did find a report of a Russian study that indicates that submitting concrete to a certain electromagnetic frequency helps cure it better, and effectively sets it to "singing". . . .

It reminded me of an experience I had some years back, washing crystal glasses. As I set them clean again, they sang in my hands. It was lovely!

Anyway, today was a moving experience. A COLD - moving - experience, but a really important one. The king and I set our thumbprints into the wet cement at the front door and dedicated the house to God. It seemed important to do so at this 'foundational' stage.

It reminds me of what the Bible says in the book of Matthew
(chapter 7) that those who hear God's word and put it into practice are like those who have build their foundation on solid rock.

We want our foundation to be solid. Both house-wise, and self-wise.

Is this a cool shot or what? Our shadows up against the foundation. . .

No comments: