Sunday, February 10, 2008

developments

Developments are hard to see, perhaps, but there if you look closely. Here, the wrong bit of the engineered trusses that was ripped out in the studio roof has been stick-built back in. Inside, the floor has been prepared for a concrete pour. I do hope that they've remembered that a water line must still go in there. . . .
Here, you can see the tower roof trusses stacked to the right of the tower - my, that is a steep-pitched roof!
And here is a nice overall shot that really does look like an actual house. . . . This, in spite of the fact that the crane never did appear this past week, and as a result, Tom-builder says he's no longer working with Joe - which I assume means he's fired him . . . .

He assures us that he has another - even better - crew that will be on site tomorrow morning. I have to wonder why we didn't start out with the "better" crew, but hey. Better late than never. We stopped by today and saw there was some kind of a red machine on site, which appears to be a lifter of some sort. . . .

Rain is predicted Tuesday and Wednesday - I wonder what will get done. I also wonder about the 'new crew'. . . . I'll miss Julio and Gilberto. They were always so nice and friendly. Joe was actually rarely there. (not that we saw, anyway. . . .)

Did I tell you that the kitchen details were finally hammered out? We decided that the roughed-in pantry really doesn't work where it was built, but I finally decided that a pantry was quite important after all, so I moved the fridge to where the stove was, a pantry goes where the fridge was, and the stove moved caddy-corner to the left of the sink, which - incidentally - provides me a lovely view of the back forest as I'm cooking, rather than a blank wall in front of me.

Why didn't I think of this sooner?!

We're mostly done with kitchen stuff; just trying to get final prices and details ironed out with our kitchen-guy. It's been a bit of a one-step-forward-two-steps-back process. . . .

No comments: