Friday, March 7, 2008

garden dreams

Here's a gorgeous picture of Ewa's cottage garden in Poland - it looks like she has a veritable forest out there!

Love that snow. . . .

I'm reduced to merely dreaming about my garden, as everywhere I look there are heavy equipment trackings that would eat up anything I put into the ground out at the greenwood. I do, however, plan to find some little out-of-the-way spot that gets enough sun to sustain the plants that need to be moved there this spring from our rental house. These are guys that moved with us from the king's house, two years ago. Unfortunately, they will have to go into yet one more 'temporary' bed before they get placed into a permanent home, probably not till next spring. . . .

Speaking of dreaming, though, how's this for an amazing landscape?! It's by Holland-native Piet Oudolf, who will also be designing the Garden of Remembrance at the bottom of Manhattan, in Battery Park. I have his book Designing With Plants, in hopes of a gorgeous wildflower woodland meadow at the greenwood. Eventually.

Meanwhile, I dream. Because here's just one of the garden monsters I have to deal with. And I was worried about the deer. . . .

No comments: