Thursday, May 22, 2008

day three - stone done

On the third day [with us], his lairdship went to see the greenwood. He tried to eat several rocks and generally admired the stonework.It was a long day.

He went to see the vet, got his shots, charmed all the ladies at the vet's office, and we consulted on interspecies relations on account of the dog and cat war (the Dr. recommended that we give the cat a favorite treat whenever the dog is in the general vicinity). It's working like a charm. As we speak, the dog is snoozing in his crate on one side of the room, and the cat is in her bed on the other.
After an idyllic hour or so pre-dinner, Luther crashed on his new dog bed. (thanks Maman!)I think he likes it!

I also think he looks like an alligator. . . .
Here - this looks a little more cuddly.

Meanwhile, out at the greenwood, it appears that the stone is finally done. Tom-builder tells us he's scheduled excavator-man for Tuesday for the final grade. Here's one more look:
After Tuesday - with any 'luck' - hopefully no more ruts. Maybe I can even start on my garden!

OK. Maybe not.

At the rate I'm going, I'm lucky if I can get up, get showered, and get dressed! Having a puppy is a full-time job. Maybe we can garden next month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's so adorable!!!

I just love the picture of Luther sharing a pillow with Torre and the one with Torre lying on the grass with Lu dutifully by his side.

I'm glad that Diana is getting used to him, and hopefully vice versa. Keep those photos coming.